Jon, has given me a holiday! He took Wyatt with him to town and I am all alone with baby Zane. Heaven! I've baked 2 pumpkin pies, made Zane's Christmas puppy, brushed my teeth, put on normal clothes and am halfway watching "Holiday" on TV. I wish it were Holiday Inn, but still nice......so nice. Jon, b/c you did this for me, this is what I'm making for dinner, your favorite. :o)*Note: I left out green beans/added a head of steamed and pureed cauliflower to broth/ added 2 to 3 TBS fresh, chopped parsley instead of dried Thyme/ added more broth, water, milk and flour and salt to make a larger batch. It was delicious!
Potato Soup with Sausage Recipe
100% would make again
- 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 pound pork sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced green beans, partially cooked
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a heavy saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage to paper towels to drain. Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute the celery, onion, thyme and salt in the reserved drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In blender, cover and process 2 cups soup mixture until smooth; return to kettle. Add the milk, beans and sausage; heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.