Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My heart

Good morning! It's 12:03 am and Wyatt has woken me up, so I decided to listen to the Candi Pearson Shelton song again. I found it on YouTube the other day and it has really stuck with me. Apparently she wrote it for her family while her brother was struggling with Leukemia. He has since passed away and she sings it in his memory. Here's an interview if your interested.
http://christian-music-interviews.suite101.com/article.cfm/candi_pearsonshelton_interview
This song is just amazing! It makes me want to cheer and dance and sing! God help me to make the rough places smooth and to love the people around me the way you do....even to the death. Please give me courage, perseverance and JOY! Help me to, "strengthen the feeble hands and steady the knees that give way and to say to those with fearful hearts....be strong, your God is coming!"(Isaiah 35)
Here's the song again!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJGba-3Xcm4&feature=related
You may ask, "Why does Leigh talk about religion so much?" and I would say, "Religion? All I know is that I gave God a sad and depressed heart and He gave it back to me whole and clean and full. I didn't deserve it....I really didn't deserve it, but he did it anyway. It's not complicated or religious. I know that no matter where I live, what I do for a living, or who is around me I can be happy. I can be poor in monetary terms but I will never be poor in spirit. Because you see, I am loved for me and not what I do or accomplish. I have felt that first hand and it is awesome. You are loved for who you are...your soul, that part inside you that makes you you. No matter what you do with your life that will never change. Jesus is just way cooler than a man with a beard and a white robe. He is alive and waiting for you to turn to him so he can show his love for you forever! Ok, so if this didn't make any sense, please remember my lack of sleep from my sick baby.....who hopefully will be feeling better tomorrow.

No comments: