Friday, March 12, 2010

Poppies and Peas

This is what I made right before the sickness overtook us. I thought I needed a happy picture for this post. I've been making quite a few of these wool flowers, none have made it to the shop. They've all been gifts, sorry. This is my first poppy and I love it! I just learned how to do it and it's so amazingly simple, I can't believe I never figured it out before. It's red linen and I plan on making 2 more of a smaller size and then using all 3 to make a "It's Spring and I'm Happy because I'm Wearing a Red Poppy" pin. :0)

Wyatt climbed up into the pantry this morning while I was unloading the dishwasher and pulled out a jar of babyfood peas. "Mommy, I want this. I want peas!" 'Yeah, right.' I think in my head.....but he persisted so I sat down at the table and watched him eat, with absolute relish, a whole jar of mushy peas. He even scraped the jar! Why am I blogging about this? Because this is SO WEIRD! Not to mention all I could manage this morning was a piece of toast and a glass of 7-up. I can't even drink coffee yet and here my son sits eating something the color of how I feel and loving every minute of it. I really must be slacking on my mom duties, in fact I can't remember the last time I made a vegetable. I know it wasn't this week.
In case you were wondering, half of the Vashey house is doing better but still a little under the weather. Zane nurses well, but he's fussy, sleeps more and has a slight temp. I'm just sore, sleepy and have no appetite. Wyatt and Jon are great, just great, never better. My husband is doing exceptionally well. If you know us, then you know why but I won't say here. Jon, I envy you right now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I know why your husband is doing exceptionally well:) I envy him too. Hang in there!

LeeAnn said...

I love the poppy! They are one of my favorite parts of spring up here :) It took us a while to recover, probably about 3 days before I really felt like myself again. Hope you feel great soon!

Vashey Fam said...

I wish we had poppies here. I saw them all over California and fell in love. My only Texas experience with poppies are from the Wizard of Oz and the strange little seeds on muffins.