Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birds and Victoria Magazine



I've been busy!! This week I started art classes and they went well. I forget how much I like to teach until I'm actually doing it. I get a little shy meeting new people. Actually, they probably don't know I'm shy. I've learned to not let on, but I am so tired afterwards. Anyway, today I listened to Christmas carols and made ornaments. I really like these birds. I think they could even make a lovely mobile for a nursery. I took the idea from a Victoria magazine. I don't usually copy peoples artwork. In fact, it makes me mad when others do. I mean, come on, have a little imagination.......but I guess I'm guilty of it too once in a while, although I am quick to tell you that somebody else thought it up! It's a lot of work to come up with patterns and original ideas! On another note, what do you think about the newly revised Victoria magazine? Any other fans out there?....well I used to be a fan. It's just not the same. The photos aren't as good, and what is with the clothes and models? The look of it is strange. The articles aren't as interesting and it seems that it is more about selling various products than having the "feel" of whimsy and romance. I was so excited to see its return! Jon even bought me a subscription for my birthday.......here's to hoping they iron out the kinks!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Aw, come on. Give us less creative people a break would ya?! :)