Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Squirrel, mouse, puppy





I've been having a lot of fun making things lately. Last night I sat down with some brown checked fabric, started cutting and discovered this cute little squirrel. I love those moments when I can just cut and sew and see what happens. Patterns are nice, but sometimes it's so much better to create and see where your imagination takes you! The little bean bag mouse is my first attempt at making a dress. I think it turned out nice and summery. My husband told me he was going to pull out the sewing machine and oil it tonight. I know I need to learn to use it. I don't know why I have such a fear of the thing. It will more than likely make my sewing life much easier. I've never been a seamstress. I've always just been a fine artist.... you know....paint, pastels. regular artsy things. Now, I'm not sure what I am, but there are so many ideas in my head and no time to let them loose. I told my mom that I need to go somewhere where I can just sew all day and just produce. Then maybe I can sleep at night. I mean, there must be something really weird about me. How many people do you know that check out a 1970's pattern book from the library and get so inspired by the possibilities that they can't sleep? Yep, I'm the weirdo.......but I'm a fun weirdo. :o)

3 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

come over some time and i can show you simple things on the machine if you like.

Vashey Fam said...

I think I'll take you up on that! Should I bring my machine?

Julia said...

If you're a weirdo, it must be rubbing off on me. I didn't sleep, either, after you taught me how to make silk flowers! Just too many possibilities for my mind late at night. Oh well. I'm not alone! =)