Thursday, June 24, 2010

5 Year Anniversary!!


Oh I wish I could express to you how much I love my Jon Vashey! He is the most amazing man. He plays harmonica for me under the stars, kisses me goodnight every single night........for 5 yrs now. When taking his pregnant wife on a camping trip and discovering that he forgot the air pump for the blowup mattress, he then proceeds to blow it up himself. Does he love me? I have no doubts.

Three and a half yrs of raising sons together and I know how solid and loyal he is. He hardly ever lost his cool diaper changing at 3am. In fact he would get mad at me if I didn't let him. I listen to him talking to Wyatt and Zane when he thinks I'm not. What do I hear? Giggles, "wesling", car noises, phrase like, "Son, I am so proud of you." and "Daddy loves you so very much".

He is so tender hearted and generous that he notices every single homeless person he passes. How many people can say they even look at those less fortunate? He always has a smile or wave and most of the time food. Half the time we have just enough money for bills and food for our selves but he will always share....and God always provides for us.

This is a man who is so hard working that I don't believe that even when we are old will we sit on a porch and just rock. I'm sure he will be tending his garden or fixing something. I love that about him. I hate when he is under appreciated. I see all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears and I wish......I wish I could give him some kind of medal or accolade to show him how wonderful he is. I can't........ but I know God sees and will reward him.
God, thank you for our marriage! Thank you for giving me this man to care for. I feel truly blessed beyond what I deserve. Protect him. Protect our marriage. Let us make it to our 5oth with smiles, giggles and as few wrinkles as possible.
It is true..............
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. -James 1:17


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Congratulations, friends!
-Jenna

Mona said...

Wonderful words about a wonderful guy!!

Margarita said...

wow, I loved reading your entry! I teared up! I love you two and the two you created!!! You're in our prayers.

Anti-Supermom said...

Just had to comment on how beautiful you both are and what wonderful words you have written.

Just beautiful.