Thursday, April 8, 2010

Today is NOT the day!

Ok, so potty training did not go so well. In fact it was downright gross. Wyatt peed on the floor and on himself all morning. I let him marinate as much as I could without it being disastrous and then.............when we were playing outside he pooped without telling me (and somehow I didn't smell it) He was swinging and said, "mama, I need pee pee." "Alright!", I said. I thought, ok now we're cooking! He actually asked to go! SO I had the bright idea to take him behind a tree and let him try. He's a boy after all. Well in the process of pulling his soaked pants down, poop just squirted out everywhere! All over me and all over Wyatt. He stood there looking at my yellow smeared arm in horror. I think he thought I was going to be mad. I was a little mad, but what can you do? So, I carted everyone back inside and changed us............putting him back in a diaper. Not 5 minutes later Zane made a funny choking sound and looking down I saw my whole shirt front covered in spit up. He really unloaded a massive quantity on me. What a cutie, he just looked at me grinning, his sweet cheeks covered in something not so sweet. Ahhh!

Needless to say, Jon and I have decided to wait a few more weeks and try again. Wyatt seems almost traumatized by the whole thing. He gets a scared look on his face when you mention big boy underwear or anything related to the potty. He is very, very happy in his diapers. I am ok with him being in them right now........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AAAGGGGGGGGGGH! What a trooper you are! Give it some time- he just turned three. He will be good and ready one day.