Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Soup for 2 and under

Oma eating turkey
Mom, please don't kill me for posting this awesome picture!

My sister-in-law Tyne has been doing a great job of posting Thanksgiving pics of our family.....I have not. You can see hers here. There is a sweet pic of Wyatt and his cousin hanging out in the cupboard.

The show last night went really, really well.....except that Ryan Kelly asked me to make a speech. Ugh, I hate speeches and there was an auditorium full of people! I could hear my too-big heels clunking onto the stage and really, really wished I had worn something more slenderizing! But, I think the words that came out of my mouth were semi-intelligent sounding. Jon didn't even get to hear b/c he had to take Wyatt into the hall. Toddlers don't make for good listeners.

*Toddler Tip: How to get your little one to eat soup.
For those uncoordinated with spoons and taking liquids from the bowl, onto the spoon and into the mouth, I give you a simple solution......BREAD! Ha! You've probably all thought of this before me, but it soooo works. I put a slice of bread (or cornbread) in the bottom of his bowl, slop in the soup and wa lah! The bread soaks up the broth and it is now easily mushable and edible! Yeah for soup!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that cannot be your mom she looks like your sister!!!! Dawn

Stephanie said...

I was going to mention too how young your mom looks. You've got a great future ahead of you! :) Ted says he was told that to know what your wife might look like when she's older to look at her mother. Luckily for Ted he thinks my mom looks great for 60+. :)

I'm sorry I didn't make your show. I enjoyed it last time. I'm glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

We cannot believe that is your Mother...?!

Congratulations on the show going well - that is really neat. And we're betting your shoes did not sound clunky and you looked and sounded much nicer than you give yourself credit for.

IMHO.

Grins & Giggles,
tp

Tyne said...

Glad your show went well... I am sure you sounded great in your speech. Your mom is so great- and she does look young!

Vashey Fam said...

My mom is going to *love* reading this post! Thanks for the love and encouragement!

The Peacock Pearl said...

i'm just glad he didn't call me up, it was already embarrasing enough only having four students :)